Re: [LI] My first question

Hi Arun,

'foo' and 'foobar' are used as variables in computer science. When
do don't know names of labels or something else you can use them.
Classic example for a loop:

	forall foo in foobar do .............

I think the origin is German.

Cyrus

ARUN RAGHAVAN [arun19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am a dashing young stud of 16, studying in Bangalore. My very first
> question may seem rather dumb, but 'kindly adjust'. Doubt of the day:
>
> 	What th !@#$%^&* are 'foo' and 'bar' !
>
> I see them everywhere- the man pages, the kernel source, everywhere!
> I am going crazy(ier?).
> AAAAAAAAAAAH! Help.
> Muchas gracias amigos.

Cyrus Patel - cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dept. of Computer Engineering                           Debian GNU/Linux
University of New South Wales                           (Potato)
Sydney, Australia.					ICQ: 50738541