RE: [LI] Comdex and what followed

What happened after we left Raj's house was hilarious in some ways, all
evening we kept hearing that Maddog was staying at the Oberoi
Intercontinental, where in fact he was staying at the "Intercontinental"
which is a completely different hotel. Anyways, we landed up at Oberoi, went
in the wrong way since they seem to have changed the entrance completely,
and then I had to stop all together to let all the traffic go. Once I saw no
more cars left I started reversing, but suddenly a nice big golden HONDA
CITY appeared from behind me and sort of came in the way ;)

Well, the damage to my car was not even visible but the driver and the owner
of the Honda seemed very upset and they got all the support from the staff
of the hotel. The funny part is that is when Maddog realised that we were at
the wrong hotel, so we quickly got back in the car and charged off to the
right hotel. The we followed Maddog's car to the airport and made sure he
got in okay etc. Unfortunately, after that there was not much that we could
so so we scooted off home. Only to be back at the airport at 0600 for Atul's
flight.

But in all the session at Comdex was explosive to say the least, and the
session after that at Raj's house was just great. Its a pity more of the
ILUG-Delhi ember did not turn up.

BTW, at one point the organisers did try and stop us from getting in, but I
told them that I have attended all the sessions before the tea break and
lets see if he can stop me from attending the last session, he backed off in
a hurry. You know ILUG-Delhi does have a rep to protect ;)

But the best part was that as we were leaving one of the protective body
guards of Maddog, actually came up to Atul and said "THANKS".

In all it was great fun, and I think Mr. Mukhi will be a little more careful
with his next installation of Linux.

One thing he did say which deserves a special mention, he actually said "I
traded in my topof the line expensive SiS card for a cheap Matrox card and
then solved the problem" I am regretting not asking him how much he paid for
his expensive SiS card and how much he paid for his cheap Matrox!

Cheers...Kishore