[LI] **Newbie Problems

Hi there,
    Hope someone has already solved this problem before. I have installed
Linux redhat 6.1 from PCQuest (Gnome workstation).
---> The Gnome Terminal program run in X-windows displays a window in
which the text is not visible, both the typed and the output text. All it shows is
a background silver color. I have tried changing color configuration to no avail.
The text appears normally when i drag another window on top of terminal window.
Also this is the case in the text editors like the notepad in Gnome.
Can someone help me, please?
Sincerely,
Zafar