RE: [LI] netscape and java -> [Repost after a long time] LDAP

Atul wrote:
> Hmmmmm, OK one more, but that's enough - wait for Christmas:
>
> rpm -ivh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/pam_ldap*.rpm
> cd /usr/doc/pam_ldap*
> less README
> cd pam.d
> grep ldap *
>
> You should be able to take it from there.

After installing pam_ldap-36-1, I went thru the above and then -
# cd /etc
# mv pam.d pam.d~
# ln -s /usr/doc/pam_ldap/pam.d .
# mv ldap.conf ldap.conf~
# cp /usr/doc/pam_ldap/ldap.conf .

Then edited ldap.conf to put the correct IP address and base name of our
LDAP server. (This is MS Exchange 5.5) With this, I was expecting that when
I try to login as a user, it will authenticate using the LDAP server. But it
did not. Next, I tried -
# ldapsearch "cn=Milind Lele"
but it said that it cannot locate the LDAP server. (-h <addr> worked
though.)

While reading the manuals, I realised that there is also one
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf file. I edited this file to put LDAP server's
address and then "ldapsearch" worked without -h <addr>. That means
ldapsearch is using the stuff inside /etc/openldap.

Any clues?