Re: [LI] Kernel Panic !!!Today morning when I tried booting into Linux I gotthe following error:

Hello Aditya
I made a bootdisk using mkbootdisk ( on another Linux m/c). Now I tried booting.
At the boot: prompt I typed "rescue" and continued. Sometime later it asked me
to insert a root floppy. I had no idea of what was expected. So I just pressed
enter with the existing floppy. It went on and then gave me a message " Unable
to open an initial Console. Try passing init= option to kernel"

Did I do everything right or have I messed up ???

PLease reply ASAP