Re: [LI] Kernel Panic !!!Today morning when I tried booting into Linux I gotthe following error:

 Hi

  By disk optimisations, I mean setting UDMA and higher bus speeds etc.
from BIOS. Many a times it happens that motherboard does not support them
well in operation.

 When browsing thr. initialising scripts, I noted that it drops you to a
shell to repair any serious damages to file systems and when it finishes,
it reboots. Did this happen to you? Log in as root and run fsck. It worked
for me.

 I don't remember exactly how I removed this error on my machine. But one
thing sure, try disabling all optimisations from BIOS. And second thing is
try running linux single from lilo prompt. It might allow you to boot.
Then you can run fsck. You have to unmount the partition first and then
remount it and then run fsck. I don't know the exact method of running
fsck on a mounted partition. Somebody from list might help you.

 I am not sure of the solution but I think the problem lies with hardware
setting only. As a last resort try upgrading your system from CD and
select no packages for install.

 Hope this helps. Sorry for the long mail.

 Bye
  Shridhar