[LI] Systems : Network Card Problem :freeing kernel Source memory

Hey Linux and System gurus!!,
    I tried to install one network card in my machine but as soon as I boot
with the new card it hangs .. no it doesn't hang( keyboard works,
ctrl+alt+del.for reboot works..) but it doesn't go ahead in the booting
process. It goes on "freeing Kernel space ( 60 k )" and never moves
ahead.The driver isn't loaded yet.. so seems that hardware is havng some
problem...
    ..the story doesn't end here.. when I am using two cards the otherone
from DLink then it boots bery well and works!! I can even ping , ftp etc
from that network interface..Can u guess what may be the problem??..
    I will be waiting for the technical guesses .. can it be anytype of
pcibios comaptibilty or handshake problem??
--Vikram