Re: [LI] graphics card not supporting >8bpp

>From: Saurabh Prabhu-TAS <saurabh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [LI] graphics card not supporting >8bpp
>
>hi all,
>I have a asus v3800 -32mb graphics card , I'm getting resolution
>upto 1600x1200 at 8bpp.
>I'm using rh 6.1. can it be possible to get more than 8 bpp at maybe a
>lower resolution.

Hi Saurabh,

If you use graphical log-in namely the Gnome Display Manager (GDM)
then you can try this (You must be root)

Open the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file using your favorite editor.

Locate the line containing
[servers]
0=/usr/bin/X11/X

add -bpp N (where N could be 8, 16, 24, 32) like so...

[servers]
0=/usr/bin/X11/X -bpp 16

Save the file, reboot and you should have the desired depth when you
log-in next.

Enjoy,
Sabir