Re: [LI] X problem with Cyrix MediaGX >> MediaGX or FBDev <<

Hi

> Pradeep Rao wrote:
> > Can anybody suggest an URL to obtain the MediaGX drivers for linux.

There is a seperate X server from MediaGX (If I am not wrong its available even
in source form, but as a limit of 256 colors or so).

However I would suggest using the FBDev (Frame buffer X Server). For this you
will have to ENABLE VESA FRAMEBUFFER support in KERNEL

Because of the way VESA BIOS v2.0 is implemented as of now It DOESN"T allow
CHANGING VIDEO MODE AFTER BOOTING. So while booting itself you have to decide
which is the Graphic mode you want to be IN.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC