Re: [LI] mail server problem sendmail 8.8.x

>>based takes toomuch time to send messages, ie between each message heavy
>>delay is seen.  but down loading is quite a breeze, since we are using
>>Qpopper.
>

>Are you maintaining a local DNS server? Or otherwise add the IP
>addresses/host names of your win9x machines in /etc/hosts/file. This delay
>might be due to reverse lookups.

we are having a local DNS, nslookup from the server is okay, browsing the
web
site on the server is also okay.  The sendmail was giving error "...we do
not relay" till
I remarked the spam reference line in sendmail.cf., then it started
accepting relay mail,
is it because send mail is configured to wait for DNS (some where in
linuxconf I have seen it)?
and the mail addresses were for outer domains.  The outer domains being
resolved from
caching DNS, and internet not available at time of receiving outbound mail
from clients, may be :-)
I will have to check it out, tomorrow is the day for that since it is a
hartal in Kerala (again).