Re: [LI] kppp and root password

Rajesh Fowkar forced the electrons to say:
> Every time I start KPPP from a user account it is asking for root password. Why
> it is asking for the root password and how can I change this behaviour.

This is because you cannot read from and write to the serial port unless
you have superuser privileges. Install kppp with the setuid bit set to
root ans it should be ok.

chmod u+s $(which kppp)

should work (in bash, as root).

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-