[LI] Boy have we come a long way!

I was just reading my first issue of Linux Magazine
(http://www.linux-mag.com/.  Looks like LJ now has a competitor) when I
came across a section called 'Screen Shot' where they have a screenshot of
some Linux guru.  In this issue it was Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier's scren shot.
I noticed tucked away in a corner of his KDE desktop snapsho a small image
which was titled "Countries with the most Linux User Groups".  I was amazed
to see India listed as number 3 with 15 LUGs.

The image also had a source URL (http://lugww.nllgg.nl/).  I went over to
the site and it listed (http://lugww.nllgg.nl/lugww.php3) the number of LUGs
in various countries.

Upon further investigation I noticed one error.  There were 2 LUGs listed
against Madras (instead of the only existing one). With this correction India
shares rank number 3 with UK.

Here is the top 5:

1. United States (130)
2. Germany (23)
3. India and UK (14 each)
4. Canada (12)
5. France (10)

Pretty impressive, isn't it?  Considering the fact that Arun and KD got the
ball rolling a couple of years ago because they thought that it was a shame
that India did not have a single LUG.

Thaths
--
"If there were any justice, my face would be on a bunch of crappy
                 merchandise" -- Homer J. Simpson