[LI] Intel 810 on board display & sound card and X

Hi friends,

Today I installed Red Hat 6.1 on a PIII machine with 64MB RAM (Intel 810
Chipset) and on board display and sound card. Everything went on smoothly
accept X probe which does not detect the video card.

I could setup X only with VGA16 server at 800x600 resolution at 8 bit. I had
selected Generic Card since There was no Intel 810 Card in the card list. If I
select SVGA server than X gives error that 'Intel unknow chipset' .

Same is the case with the onboard Intel Sound card. Sndconfig detects the sound
card chipset but then the next screen gives error saying that this chipset is
not yet supported.

Has anybody configured the above two cards ? If yes can you please tell me how
to go about configuring these cards. Write now at 800x600 at 8 bit my friend
can not use netscape and the colours are not good.

Hoping to get a response. Thanks in advance.

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
Kurtarkar Nagari, Bldg-C,