Re: [LI] error while kernel compile

On 3 Dec 1999, Tushar Joshi wrote:

+ when i tried compiling the kernel i got the following error after
+ make zImage
+
+ make[1] as86 : command not found
+ make[1]: (bootsect.o) error 127
+ make[1] leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.2.2.12/arch/i386/boot
+ make[1]: [zImage] error 2

On top of my head, i can deduce two things from this:

0. What development packages did you (not) install while installing linux.
   This (as86 thing) shud surely reside where gcc is (/usr/bin on my
   machine). Just do a 'whereis as86'. If this does not return anything,
   you need to reinstall the gcc package (god knows what else you might
   have missed out from this, so better reinstall)

1. Is the assembler path correct in the makefile? This is highly unlikely
   unless you have fiddled with it :)

Sharad.
~~~~~~~