Re: [LI] Final message and warning about Wine

Shivshankar Sastry wrote:

> I presume other newbies like me have felt this inane urge to run Window$
> apps under wine.
>
> I have discovered that wine copies huge volumes of files and directories
> from a Window$ partition to the /home/user/.kde/share directory. I was
> wondering where all my diskspace went while I tried to install StarOffice -
> and I discovered that could free up 300 MB of space by deleting these
> redundant files. This is a lot for someone with limited diskspace.

I also tried wine, but without success. I ahve PII266 with 64MB ram. I
got msg virtual memory exhausted. But with free command I got the
following. any solutions?
             total       used       free     shared    buffers
cached
Mem:         63008      60960       2048      27784       1308
17752
-/+ buffers/cache:      41900      21108
Swap:        72256      20648      51608

--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA