[LI] Blaster Modem

I bought a blaster modem for my new machine. The modem just started to
dial, and got cut off. After reading ATCOMM.TXT that came with the
installation floppy, and lots of trials and errors, finally the
following settings are working. Please note that it is not necessary to
do a soft boot from win95 or something. In fact that part of my hard
disk is yet to be made fully functional. (I use Slackware 3.6)

changed strings A,C and D; set autobaud yes
"minirc.dfl"
# Machine-generated file - use "minicom -s" to change parameters.
pu minit            ~^M~AT S7=45 S0=0 L2 V1 X3 &c1 &D2 &K5 &Q4 E1 %C3
&S1 Q0^M
pu mdialpre         ATX3DT
pu mdialsuf         ;D^M
pu mautobaud        Yes
pu mdropdtr         5
##/etc/ppp/chatscript
	TIMEOUT 15
       "" ATZ
       OK ATX3DT172226
       ABORT "NO CARRIER"
       ABORT BUSY
       ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
       ABORT WAITING
       TIMEOUT 45
       CONNECT ""
       TIMEOUT 10
       "Username:" YOUR_NAME
       "Password:" YOUR_PASSWD

I have saved the following as a shell script with read and execute
permissions:

/etc/ppp/Connect
***************************************
#!/bin/sh
exec pppd connect \
            'chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chatscript' \
             -detach crtscts modem defaultroute \
             user YOUR_NAME\
             /dev/modem 115200

May be , it is possible to trim the init string by trials. Since this
WORKED,  I have taken the liberty to mail it to the list.

Vijay