Re: [LI] browser reqd

> I want a web browser which doesn't require the X window system and
> which can display images. Lynx can only show images as links.

1. I don't have lynx here so I can not experiment. But do find if LYNX
is    capable of launching any application related to file type.

2. I was told that PINE 4+ can show URLs [not used yet] but I am SURE
that in    PINE you can configure the option to launch the image viewer
if any image
   is an attachment. I used to invoke 'xv' from PINE while working in
Xterm.

The solution to your probably lies in ZGV, an image viewer invokable
from bash and does not require X. BUT, I don't know if it can be linked
with LYNX.

I am trying to help, poorly.