[LI] Thin clients

I am interested to run the GUI applications off the linux server either with
X server or browser (JAVA applets or any other language ) with tiny OS. Both
should fit into one floppy. I am looking at the model of computing w/o
Windows & tonnes of HDD. A machine so called thin client a k a NC of Larry
ellision.

I am subscribing to ltsp lists but seems they are also experimenting. Is it
possible to run a PC with a floppy with tiny OS & run the X / Browser from
the same floppy or may be with second one? Is the technology available right
now?

Sometime back  was a thread on this topic & somebody claimed that this was
done in Bangalore IT.Com. The thread was suddenly discontinued. No details
of the Floppies were given. Was it commercial? If not, can some body put the
images of flloppies on the linux-india web site.

I am writting all this because from the admin point of view I had liked the
good old days of dumb terminals. It is pain to maintain N no. of desktops
with all the tonnes of software and as many viruses.

I am expecting the latest status on the topic & references to web sites /
e-texts.

K K Pareek, J K Cement Works, PO- NIMBAHERA, Raj-312617
E-mail: kkpareek@xxxxxxxx