[LI] Problem in configuring Samba.

hi all,
 we have a small NT network connected to another bigger network.  i  have setup samba so that NT machines can be hooked up to it. the problem is that i can see the host name of the computer 'SML' thru network neighbourhood, but when i double click it says, unexpected network error occured.
is it so that the linux machine should have the same username as the NT m/c.
can anybody mail me a working smb.conf to which i can made simple changes.
 i can ftp into the linux m/c but also am not able to telnet it. on telnetting it doesnt ask for the login and passwd but instead show the comp. in the toolbar. plz help.