Re: [LI] Re: Compiling fortran programs using g77

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 geetha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>The command seems to work. But in DOS env we usually find the .exe file at
><filename without extension>.exe
>g77 <filename>.for it compiles the program. Afterwards I
>want to know how to run the program.
>I am not able to gain more from man g77 either.

In Unix you do not get the .exe files. After the compilation (assuming
that there were no errors), there should be a file named a.out. To
execute that, just type ./a.out (or give the full path). Alternately,
you can rename the file a.out.

Assuming that you have a file named hello.for, you can try the
following :

   g77 hello.for -o hello
   ./hello

Hope that solves your problem of finding an exe file.

sridhar

Sridhar M.A.
Department of Physics
University of Mysore, Manasagangotri