Re: [LI] SiS 6326 (The Card That Wouldn't Give up!)

The problem was solved behind my back by my friend's friend. I still have no clue how it was all done, and now that it's working and I don't intend to do any hanky-panky with the system, I don't much care either (bad attitude I know).

Anyway, thanks go out to Venu & Amol for their advice.

[Wooden Knight]

From: "Wooden Knight" <woodenknight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LI] SiS 6326 (The Card That Wouldn't Give up!)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:12:19 IST

It's me again and I've been in the archives as well. Found a lot of info
about how to get my X on the SiS 6326 AGP (Varuna's quite recent post for
example...).

My problem is that the card just won't give go higher than 640x480 (8-bits)
resolution when I say 'startx'.

I'm sure I'm at fault somewhere since I'm so new... I've noticed that the
XF86Config file has no entry about my XFCom_SiS that I installed from the
xsis.rpm though I select it when I configure my system using xf86config. I'm
totally, wholly, 100% fumbdounded! ;-)

I guess it's obvious: HEEEEELLLPPP!!!!

[Wooden Knight]