Re: [LI] FIPS >> well fdisk, mkfs.ext2 and some part of your fs on it <<

Hi

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Gerry wrote:
> I have a 2.1GB disk, I use 1.2GB Win and 0.8GB Linux. I want to have 1 GB
> for Win and 1 GB for Linux.I tried using FIPS but FIPS partations partation
> into 1 GB +0.2GB and Linux 0.8GB,
> How do I make it 1GB+1GB

Fips can create a new partition out of the available freespace to the ending
cylinders of a given partition. However It CANN'T MERGE a 0.2GB partition and a
0.8GB Linux partition.

This will involve a hell lot of things. I don't think any currently available
tool can do this.

However You can do one thing.  Using fdisk, set this 0.2 GB as a LinuxNative
partition. Next using mkfs.ext2 create a ext2 fs on it. Next move your /var or
/usr/src or /usr/local  to this 0.2 GB partition. Also suitabley update your
/etc/fstab so that next time onwards this gets mounted automaticaly.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC