[LI] Final message and warning about Wine

I presume other newbies like me have felt this inane urge to run Window$
apps under wine.

I have discovered that wine copies huge volumes of files and directories
from a Window$ partition to the /home/user/.kde/share directory. I was
wondering where all my diskspace went while I tried to install StarOffice -
and I discovered that could free up 300 MB of space by deleting these
redundant files. This is a lot for someone with limited diskspace.

At least vmware (apparently) says that you neeed to install Window$
separately to run under vmware, but wine just copies on the sly.

IMHO forget wine - it's useless to run DOS/WIN in Linux. Better to use
Linux for what it offers - if you must use wine, use Window$.

        Shivshankar Sastry
      cybersurg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/2839