RE: [LI] .htaccess problems.

The encrypted passwd need not start with any particular seed.
You have to run the 'htpasswd` command with appropriate options, to encrypt
the password for that user for the first time. After this, when the user
is prompted for userID & Passwd on the page, the password should be entered
. This passwd is checked with already encrypted one and authorised accrdgly.

Go to apache bin dir, and check 'htpasswd -?' for help.

for more details:

See, "How to protect web pages with passwords" at

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/info/allenglish/www/access.html

HTH
Sai

> Hi,
> 	I added the line as you said and now the browser gives the prompt for
> username/password
> but rejects anything that i give .
>
> BTW the encrypted pass begins with Cd , I guess thats the correct seed ?
>
> and yes i did uncomment the Access File name thing.
>
> Please help !
> Gaurav.

Be careful what you choose. You may get it!