Re: [LI] Error starting Control Panel. >> .kdelnk and .desktop files <<

Hi

> When I start the 'Control Panel' in my RHL 6.1 (PCQ), I get the
> following error....

> The config file has no "Type=..." line

Check out the file corresponding to this menu or desktop item in

/usr/share/applnk/what_ever_is_the_item_or_group_come_item
	like say
/usr/share/applnk/gnome/Internet/xchat.desktop

In this file you will find a line called
Type=what_ever_is_there

change this to

Type=Application.

NOTE: Well this is a temporary hack I found to work. But I haven't varified the
format of these *.kdelnk and *.desktop files.

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC