Re: [LI] identd and irc servers

A good question. As of date we don't allow identd from our network. It uses port
113 and we deny the same at our border routers itself. Why because with identd
you could be sending out key information of your box*if you are a paranoid when
it comes to security you won't do that*. Blocking identd is widely advised.

Now back to how to enable it. You can get identd from
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/daemons and install it. That's it.

- Gaurav

subb3@xxxxxxx on 11/28/99 11:55:48 PM

Please respond to linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx