Re: [LI] hdd problem?

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Arun Sharma wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 08:50:06PM +0530, Rahul wrote:
>>
>> hda: status time out: status = 0xd0 {Busy}
>> hda: no DRQ after issuing WRITE
>> ide0: reset: success
>>
>Buggy hardware ? Try running some program that can verify the disk. You'll
>have to backup and restore the data on the disk though.

I too have seen this message on my hard disk. Strangely, I get this
only when I am using RH6.1. When I am running Debian, I do not see
this message. I tried disabling the power saving features, etc and
still ended up getting these frequently. As Arun suggested, I even ran
badblocks on my disk and got no errors.

Thanks,

sridhar