[LI] Attempt to correct Staroffice install files (this is a *long* mail)

 I want to clarify some concepts here

 Suppose you are downloading a file of 25000 bytes

 Say , you abort the transfer when 10000 bytes have been downloaded
 Now , you set the REST marker at 20000 on the ftp site and you start
 appending the downloaded file.

 On completing the download , I noticed that the file size displayed was
  25000 and not  15000 as I expected it be.

 Now , my questions are

 1) Is it that the 20000th byte is immediately appended at the end of the
     10000th byte  , and its only the file size which is reported as 25000
     while the file contains only 15000 bytes OR  are 10000 "blank bytes"
    added after the 10000th byte and then the second downloaded portion
    is appended ? My observation on one file in an hex editor suggests the
    first explanation , but on another file suggests the second ?!!!?

 2) Continuing on the same lines , if I manage to download bytes no. 10001
     to no. 19999 . Can I patch them in an hex editor if the second explanation
     is true or can I append files if the first is true ?

   Getting down to specifics, while downloading StarOffice 5.1 segment 3 / 7
   my transfer stopped at marker 971608. I tried downloading from 971609,
   the transfer didn't start. So , using convergence , I found that the ftp site
   started sending me data from 972230. So I started appending from there.
   The file size reported was the whole (and not 621 bytes less as I expected)
   Can anyone send me these bytes ( 971609 to 972229 ) ?

    And for segment 7 , there were two breaks . So I require ( 4823289 to
    4824300 and 4854710 to 4855199 ).

   Not suprisingly , the Staroffice install proceeeded well , except it showed
   a checksum error on libsw517li.so . However , this file is 8 mb in size and I
   can't find it on the net. On confirming with T.N.Venkatesh , our copies of
   this file differ by a few hundred bytes.  All StarOffice components start
   except StarWriter.

   Also , a brief guide to achieving this "patching"

  Thanks for reading this very long mail. Hope someone can help me here.

   Gyan