Re: [LI] Laptop Woes

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 10:19:45PM -0800, Sunil Thomas T wrote:
>  Hi
>    this will dump your entire /dev/hda. Is there any
> other utility for taking  hex dump of your important
> system areas

Oh, there are several tricks to do that -

$ dd if=/dev/hda of=mbr  bs=512  count=1

and then do

$ od -x mbr

or do

$ od -x /dev/hda | head -n 32

No, I'm not aware of any such utility. Under 18s are allowed to
see neither hex dumps nor purchase Corel Linux ;) They should use
the KDE interface to fdisk :)

	-Arun