Re: [LI] wvdial Tone/Pulse

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Pinku Hussain wrote:

> My telephone is pulse dialing mode. How to change
> WVDIAL from tone(default)dialing to pulse dialing???

  I didn't know of Atul's way , which rocks... but anyways , here's one
other way too ... [ from the output of man wvdial ]
-------Cut Here-------
[Dialer pulse]
Dial Command = ATDP

  Add those 2 lines in your /etc/wvdial.conf file and when you dial into
vsnl , do a # wvdial pulse and it will dial with ATDP , not ATDT.
  However , IMO , do what I did. Write a letter to some big guy in your
telephone department and "explain" to him why you "need" Tone Dialing
capabilities and they fix it to you for free. OF course , simpler way is
to enable STD/ISD dialing , whereby you get instant tone dialing for free.
This worked for *me* with chennai telephones... dunno bout your luck ;-)

- Ravi.