Re: Defragmenting an ext2 FS, was --> Re: [LI] shoury

Hi

> Right on. I find the LILO way of doing things pretty ugly. Hope
> someone comes up with a better bootloader, which can understand
> ext2fs.

The ACTUAL boot loader code as to be very small

and

neutral to filesystems to  support loading of Kernel or PreKernel image
from the different Filesystems used by the different OSes.

If one adds code to support different filesystems One will find that the
Bootloaders will GROW in SIZE, whichs not good.

Also one as to note that when the boot loader is having control of your system
there is NO KERNEL or FS DRIVERS loaded in the system.

Because of their neutrality they MAY have ONE constraint that the file or
kernel image to be loaded is NOT FRAGMENTED, (this can be overcome, without
much code increase, but I don't know exactly how lilo handles this case).

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC