Re: [LI] Linux India and Debian

Hi,

> From: Sunit Mathur <sunit_mathur@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
> always be. Please do not make any attempts to break or divide the Indian
> Linux community which is one of the most important factors responsible for
> spreading Linux in India.

Since this thread simply refuses to die.... here are my Rs. 0.02.... The real point of contention here is the fact that
whether the ILUG namespace does/doesn't have provision for "ILUG-Debian"... Like many of you I am not comfortable with
the idea of "ILUG-Debian" (I would rather that it was named differently). But I am sure that Khader, Shanu or Gnana
had/have no wish to "make any attempts to break or divide the Indian Linux community". I guess the guys just got a
little carried over and didn't quite think out the implications of such a name.

But as Raj said, and Atul agrees as well, a separate list or SIG for the Debian users in India is an OK idea... there
are very few of us who use the distro (compared to RedHat and Slackware) -- and IMHO focussed, distro-specific
discussions are better served with a list dedicated to that.

--Indra.