Re: Re: [LI] multiple pop accounts in linux.

On 23 Nov 99, at 23:39, thus spake Shridhar Daithankar :

>  I would suggest you Kmail. Give it a try. People says that it's
> buggy, but I haven't experienced it yet. Using it for only two
> days.!!

KMail is buggy for more than one reason.  For example, it always
sends mails as content-transfer-encoding:8 bit

This is sick - and totally non standard, even though most newer
mtas are adapting to it.  ASCII text mail should always be sent as 7
bit, that's the generally accepted standard.

Also - a few other bugs like an alarming tendency to slow down and
eventually crash, given a heavy mail load (200+ mails a day for a
few weeks).  It takes forever to refresh the view and repaint its
windows, btw.

Use fetchmail and Mutt for multiple identities, that would be the best
option.

Sigh, I wish Pegasus Mail came in a Linux version.  Even then,
Pegasus is so light that you can use wine or vmware to run it,
without any hassles.  Download for free from
http://www.pmail.com/dl and see for yourself.

--s

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Suresh@xxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
    Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.