[LI] Thoughts on moving to a new mailing list manager...

Hi folks,

As all of you know we have been having some growing pains with the LI
mailing lists.  Some of the problems that come to mind include:

* Duplicate emails (The majordomo site tells me that this is because of a
broken flock() in Linux)
* Virus / worm infected mails getting through
* Volume of posts
* Difficulty in administering the lists (Over 600 bounced messages every
day)

So I am doing some research on alternatives to majordomo.  Here is a list
of features the mailing list manger needs to have (feel free to add to this
list):

* User controlled (un)subscription.
* Digests
* Archiving capability
* Spam filtering
* Regular expression based filtering
* Automatic handling of bounced messages

Do any of you know of any good alternatives to majordomo that is (and this
is important) free.  I came up with smartlist and listar as possible
alternatives.

Thaths
--
"I'm Kent Brockman.  On the eleven o'clock news tonight, a certain kind
of soft drink has been found to be lethal.  We won't tell you which one