[LI] SiS 6202 partly working

I have a SiS 6202 video card with 2 MB DRAM.
After a lot of effort I got X to partly work with it, ie. only at
640 x 480 x 256 colors. I am not getting the other resolutions...

Here is what I did :

1. Downloaded XFCom_SiS server from SuSE site :
   http://www.suse.de/en/support/xsuse/
2. Installed the above server and made XF86_SVGA a link to XFCom_SiS
   in /usr/X11R6/bin.
3. Ran Xconfigurator.
4. From cards, chose SiS86C201.
5. Chose my monitor, Samtron SC-428PS/PSL.
6. Did not run Xprobe. Selected amount of video memory manually.
7. Did not specify any clockchip.
8. Xconfigurator tested the server and reported a problem.
9. At this point, I quit Xconfigurator and edited /etc/X11/XF86Config
   manually.
10. In devices section, put the following entries :

      Chipset  "SiS86C202"
      Option   "no_accel"
      Option   "no_bitblt"
      VideoRam 2048 (just uncommented this line, it was already there.)
11. Saved changes and typed startx.

Got my server running at 640 x 480 x 256 colours.
I hope this helps people out there with SiS cards.
Any ideas about how I can get better resolutions and color depth?
Pressing Ctrl-Alt-'+' makes no changes to the display.

Also, I don't think that the XF86_SVGA server in RH6.1, and XFCom_SiS
are the same, as conjectured by some on the list, purely because the
file sizes are different.
I am totally new to Linux/Unix, so maybe I am wrong...

Thanks and regards...

Rajnish