Re: [LI] ILUG-Bangalore meeting 27-Nov-99

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> The next ILUG-Bangalore meeting will be on the 27th of November 4pm to
> 7pm at Hotel Ashraya International, Infantry Road (opposite Police
> Commissioners office). Cover charge per head is Rs.60 towards
> refreshments (unless we get a sponsor).

Hey , Just wondering , I'm planning to make a trip to bangalore *sometime*
between Nov 27 - Dec 7 ... so If I could really make it on the 27th , ...
[ doubtful ] , could I like just walk into Ashraya at 4 pm ish , or would
I have to pre-register with someone informing them of my presence etc ? I
am not familiar with how ilug-blr works.... besides , ilugc conducts its
meetings in a not-so-reachable place... For the First timer , it *is*
painful because you have to drive about 15 minutes thro' semi - jungle
terrain manifested by a bunch of smart munkies  [ *wink* at chennai
luggers , hehehehe ] .

> And *all* members voted for this hotel because it is convenient, the food is excellent and
> the location is central.

Wow , you guys actually get to EAT at a linux meet ???? *jealousy*
We poor dudes in chennai don't have any access to food :-(
All we ever get to dude is some really geeky stuff with the ilugc admin
and a few others ... lotsa hip hop talk about funky things ... but trust
me .... NO FOOD . ( Actually Thanks to Dr Sriram , we *do* get Tea 's ;-)

/me shifts to bangalore so he gets to hog at every Meet too ;-)

Thankya.

- Ravi.