Re: [LI] Serial port access to a router

On 22 Nov 1999 subb3@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I am trying to connect to a Cisco router via console. The router and
> the linux box are connected via a serial cable. I have seyon but have
> never used it. What device name is the serial port on? I need to
> access this router and any help is appreciated.

First, don't use seyon - it is far too buggy. Use minicom, which is
basically a Telix clone.

Once you start it up, hit Ctrl-AO, select serial port settings.

One Linux 2.0.x systems, COM1=/dev/cua0, COM2=/dev/cua1
One Linux 2.2.x systems, COM1=/dev/ttyS0, COM2=/dev/ttyS1

Cisco routers by default have their console ports set to 9600 bps, No
parity and 1 stop bit.

Atul