[LI] RED HAT LINUX

Hi,
I was trying to install RED HAT LINUX on my system.
The hard disk is of size 4GB. I allocated 1GB as LINUX native and 100MB
as swap space.
During the installation proces (after selecting the packages, the amount
of data bytes required was shown as 544MB), but during the installation
was on, the system crashes, giving me a termination signal 11. Can
somebody tell me, the reason why this could be happening.

I have one more query. When i run AUTOBOOT from DOS, then it enters the
UNIX mode, and starts the application /sbin/loader.
After that it is done, it starts probing for the Mouse Type, it gives
the message "Start X failed, falling back to text mode).
Can someone give some insight into that, like what does it mean by Start
X failed. ? Does the X environment gives a GUI based installaion
screens. ?
Aruneesh.