Re: [LI] Compressed digest

> From: Shourya Sarcar <sarcar@xxxxxxxx>

> 1. 	Some people ( I was one of them about 12 days ago) are yet to
> learn how to include only relevant portions of the mails they reply to.
<snip>
> 2. 	If the emails could be concatenated on to the digest _after_ snipping
> off the footnote about the archives and bandwidth conservation. The
> footnote could be appended at the end of the digest as usual.

The footers are sometimes useful as delimiters between messages. However, on a list with a daily traffic like LI, I
agree that a footer with each mail in the digest can cause serious overheads.

> Especially this causes a lot of overhead in mails which have been
> replied to (this grows with every reply) because the footnotes keep piling.

This is a direct result of point # 1 as you have mentioned. As people learn the proper way as you have done, it will go
away/be reduced to a large extent.

--Indra.