[LI] Ext2 defrag

</snip from SAG>
Stephen Tweedie and Alexei Vovenko. Linux filesystem defragmenter.
Available electronically        from \
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Filesystems/defrag-0.6.tar.gz.
</snip>

Hi friends !
Could we have some feed back on the amount of non-contiguity in
your disks. I think I have a _very_high non cont .. 2.2 % AFAIK non
contiguity is not reported if fsck finds a _clean_ disk (good for u)
$ tail  -80 /var/log/boot.log | grep "fsck"

And dumpe2fs too does not report stats on non cont. At least i could not
decipher some meaningful percentage metric. How do ppl find it then ? Wait
for fsck to detect an _unclean_ disk ?

Please read .. disk==root partition

Another Q : i haven't found a way to fsck my root partition apart from the
usual bootup check. oh yes, its finally got into my thickhead why
unmounting the root fs is disallowed :) does the defrag utility ( i
haven't used it) defrag your root partition, too ?

Regards
Shourya