Re: [LI] Miracles! Miracles, I got net connect going

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Jeffrey Yep wrote:

> Rajeev! C'mon man not everyone is lucky like to you to have oodles of hard
> disk space! I'm still stuck with the problem so what do I do? :-) And what
> did you mean that the resolv.conf was more or less same??
>
> Jeff
Hi Jeff,
   You don't need oodles of harddisk space. Install 5.2, get net working,
copy the resolv.conf to your dos directory. Install 6.1 over 5.2, copy the
old resolv.conf from the dos directory back.

What I ment was the essential lines were the same. Here it is. See if you
can copy it.

search localhost bgl.vsnl.net.in
nameserver 202.54.1.30

But, I may have changed some odd setting without knowing that might have
caused the net-connection to work. So I may be wrong, and results may
vary.