[LI] Problem with mail

Hi all,
  I have this problem can anyone help me ;-(
While I was downloading my mail using Netscape messenger,
the line got cut and when I resume it it says
" mails already read from /usr/spool/mail/kalyan , try any
other password". when I type the password it still does not
work not even when i give root password. I've even
telneted to port 110 but it gives me the same error.
right now I have a .forward. can anyone help me out with
this ....
thanks in advance
-kalyan