Re: [[LI] Default Boot

On 20 Nov 1999, ADITYAN MURTHY wrote:

> You can change it using linuxconf.  Or,  just edit /etc/lilo.conf.  There will
> be an entry :
>
> default = your_linux_boot_label

Not necessarily , The person only said they have a linux installation ,
nor specifically a RedHat one. On a debian install , IIRC , there is NO
default = label line ... instead ... if you poke around the lilo
documentation , it should say somewhere that the label that appears first
will be the default choice if there is no default = label statement given.
I mean the default base install of course. After installing Debian , I
manually added a default = line ... in fact , there is no "prompt" line
either on a base debian install .... you have to add that manually
too...forcing you to read the documentation for linux if you want a user
friendly LILO ;-)

 Hence please don't say Affirmatively , "There _will_ be
..." ,... --- IMO , this would have been a better way to address it :
"There should be most likely an entry called default = foo... if not , add
an entry , default = bar.baz" ...

G'day.