[LI] apology - gcc

Hi,

        I am sorry that i jumped into conclusions when i did not find gcc
in my RH 6.1 installation. gcc does not have an entry in the
development languages section of install script. I checked for it on the
RedHat/RPMS dir. and did not find it.

It was too late when i found it.
gcc is present, but
unlike the earlier versions, it is not present as an rpm package.
It is present inside the 'egcs' package.
install RedHat/RPMS/egcs-1.1.2-24.i386.rpm
        RedHat/RPMS/egcs-c++-1.1.2-24.i386.rpm

Regards,
Suraj