[LI] Extra Noise

Hello,
  I've got a SB16 pnp. It works fine in RH61. The dma channels are
configured properly, however, a lot of the machine/monitor noise, is
transfered to the soundcard. I.E even a moderate volumes, a buzzing that
pulsates, in tune with the harddisk can be heard. The noise stops when hdd
light goes off. A buzzing is also heard when the monitor is scrolling
rapidly, or windows are being opened and closed in gnome/kde. Whats the
reason. I'm using a pair of headphones for listening. The line-in and mic
sockets are not connected and have been switched off (gnome).

Rajeev