Re: [LI] 2 distros, one computer

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> > At present I have RH5.2 and 6.0 (previously slackware) on
> > different partitions. The swap partition IS shared between the two
> > linux versions.
>
> For a while I had a similar setup, except that my /home was also shared. I
I too have my /home and also the /usr/local (where I install extra
stuff )  shared.

> have a feeling that *that* was not a good idea, but it seemed to work - I
 	               WHY ?
If the home dir was not shared, it would be quite inconvenient.

TNV
T. N. Venkatesh                  Phone : (Off)  5273351 ext 6591
Scientist, Flosolver Unit                       5086591, 5261824
National Aerospace Laboratories          (Res)  3486122
Kodihalli
Bangalore 560 017                e-mail:tnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
INDIA   			        tnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx