Re: [LI] rpm commands.

At 10:45 AM 11/18/99 , you wrote:
> > rpm -e gnome (also rpm -e Gnome) gives the message: package not
installed.

> Rather than use # rpm -e foo , I would suggest you download , install and
> use 'rpmutils' , a package available by searching at http://rpmfind.net/
> or http://rufus.w3.org/ or http://freshmeat.net/
>
> - Ravi.

Okay but that still doesn't answer my question of why the plain vanilla rpm
command should not work.
You can reinstall this. It automatically check all installed programs. If GNOME is not installed it will do. Select first option (upgrade and install). Just now I reinstalled Samba through this way.

Anil.

regards,

Sharukh.

paradigm TECHNOLOGIES Pvt. Ltd.
No. 28, McNichol's Road,
Chetpet, Chennai-600 031,
INDIA.
Tel: ++ 91 44   8257907 , ++ 91 44  8212763, ++ 91 44 8213654
Fax: ++ 91 44  821 0418
Email:  paradigm@xxxxxxxx
Visit us: http://business.vsnl.com/paradigm