[LI] Re : lpd / pppd problems

RH 6.1 didn't automatically detect pmy parallel port either, but it seems to
be a fairly simple issue - it is *in fact* detecting the port, and trying to
load the parport_pc.o module, instead of the parport_lowlevel module (I
have no idea why, anyone ?)
The solution seems pretty simple add the line :

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

to /etc/conf.modules

that did it for me.
nikk

> From: "Jeffrey Yep" <jyep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] Downgrading pppd & lpd??
>
> Hi all,
>
> It seems the lpd in RH 6.1 has problems too. It doesn't detect my parallel
> port whereas lpd in RH 6.0 detected it easily. As most of you know pppd in
> RH 6.1 also is causing problems. So I checked for any rpms which responsible
> for pppd and lpd(I may be wrong, please correct me if so) and I found
> these:-

Oh, that sound of male ego.  You travel halfway across the galaxy and
it's still the same song.
		-- Eve McHuron, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1330.1