[LI] PYTHON HOW TO

Can some one suggest a book for python?
Preferably available in bangalore ?

is a compiler avaiable for python (to make the binary)?

or should i use some thing else for applications to run under X ?

I have done the multimedia part of a software titled Yaseen, which is
the 36th Surah of Holy Quran which runs in Win95/NT. This is done
using Visual Basic ver 5.0.  I wanted to port this to X in linux.