Re: [[LI] Linux Virus scanners.]

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Rohit wrote:

+ > Linux being a secure OS may not have the problem of Viruses. So does Unix.
+ > It's surprising to find virus scanners for Linux
+
+ Actually that is what even I was thinking.
+ What can be a linux virus? In addition to being a hostile script or may

Hostile Script? I always thought if you have got the script, you have to
look first, what it was doing. Anyway, not many persons do that. And
besides, the script could have been pre-compiled into a binary which
suites the requirement of that being a possible virus.

I missed previous mails of the thread so i dont know what the orig
question was, but are you sure that those are "virus" and not
"trojan" scanners? Anyway, AFAIK, only one (possibly two, huh.. )unix
"virus(es)" have been around in all these years of unixing.

Sharad.